Grief Support Foundations
The Dougy Center provides support in a safe place where children, teens, young adults, and their families grieving a death can share their experiences. Through our Pathways Program we provide a safe place for families facing an advanced serious illness.
The Center provides a healing space for those experiencing a loss, complicated grief or other grief experience. Center staff recognizes that loss can take many forms and at times, people struggle to integrate this experience as they move forward. Our team of professionals provides individual and group therapy to help adults, children, teens, couples and families in their journeys.
Every year, countless children experience the death of someone they love. Millions more are affected by a family member’s substance abuse. No child should face these struggles alone. Our unique programs give children the chance to cry, laugh, grow, and heal. Kids meet other kids in similar circumstances, and together, they grow stronger.
A volunteer-based organization providing C.A.R.E [counseling, advocacy, research, and education] services to families experiencing the death of a child.
- We recognize that the death of a child at any age is one of life’s most tragic experiences;
- We honor the sacredness of every member of the family;
- We value integrity, kindness, and respect in all we do;
- We provide mindful, compassionate and respectful care of others and ourselves;
- We embrace the commitment of lifelong care in the aftermath of a child’s death;
- We foster a healing environment in which individuals, families, and communities may, when ready, experience a sense of hope for the future;
- We recognize the potential in human beings to emerge from their suffering, transformed, ready to help another.
- We promote a non-medicalized, community-based approach to grief including equine therapy with rescue horses, eco therapies through retreats and activities in nature, and mindfulness practices such as meditation and yoga.
Open to Hope is an organization dedicated to helping people emotionally process complicated grief.
The Open to Hope Mission:
Helping people find hope after loss.
To provide an online forum to support people who have experienced loss: to help them cope with their pain, heal their grief and invest in their future.
OpentoHope.com is an online website where people can share inspirational stories of loss and love. We encourage our visitors to read, listen and share their stories of hope and compassion.
Family Lives On Foundation supports the lifelong emotional well-being of children whose mother or father has died. Our Tradition Program provides opportunities for intentional remembering, creating a safe haven for grief, communication and celebration.
The National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC) is a nonprofit organization that raises awareness about the needs of children and teens who are grieving a death and provides education and resources for anyone who supports them. Through the collective voice of our members and partners we educate, advocate and raise awareness about childhood bereavement.
The NAGC is a nationwide network comprised of professionals, institutions and volunteers who promote best practices, educational programming and critical resources to facilitate the mental, emotional and physical health of grieving children and their families.